Massage for Neck, Upper Back, and Shoulder Pain
Massage therapy can help you relax, reduce your neck, upper back, and shoulder pain, and regain movement.
Are you suffering from any of these issues, common for so many people in Federal Way?
- Neck, upper back, and shoulder pain during daily activities including working, driving, or sleeping
- Neck, shoulder, and upper back pain after a car accident, sudden jerking head movement, sports injury, or work accident
- Waking up with a headache
- Unable to look over your shoulder
- Feeling that your neck is “out of whack”
Insurance typically covers neck, upper back, and shoulder pain which comes on suddenly, such as when caused by a work injury, sports injury, car accident, other accident, or injury. (The insurance company will require a doctor’s diagnosis before approving payment for massage benefits.)
For many people who live or work in Federal Way, habitual poor posture including sitting or working with head and arms forward results in neck, upper back, and shoulder pain that worsens gradually. Sitting with your head forward just 3 inches – while doing computer work, driving, on the phone, watching TV, etc. triples the effective weight of your head on your neck and shoulders. This leads to painful neck, upper back, and shoulder muscles that are chronically tight and frequently in spasm.
Pain often spreads as your muscles tighten and your body compensates in an attempt to ease the initial source of pain. Pain may spread gradually near the initial source or to other areas leading to jaw tension, headaches, even tingling or pain in arms or hands.
Benefits of Massage for Neck, Upper Back, and Shoulder Pain
Massage is an all-natural, holistic, time-proven therapy for reducing pain, promoting healing, and increasing well-being. Getting massage at the early stages typically brings longer lasting relief in less time.
- Massage relieves tension and painful muscle spasms
- Improves circulation resulting in increased oxygen and nutrients throughout your body.
- Reduces swelling and accumulated toxins that can cause irritation.
- Speeds healing with less discomfort.
- Increased flexibility and ease of movement.
- Reduces the possibility of future injury.
- Compliments related treatments you may receive from your chiropractor, osteopath, or physical therapist leading to more effective and longer-lasting results from those therapies.
- Promotes relaxation which calms the nervous system and eases stress which in turn reduces pain.
Let your massage therapist in our Federal Way massage center know if you are taking medications or being treated by other practitioners. If your pain is severe or persistent we recommend you visit your primary health care practitioner before scheduling massage treatments.
Massage is an excellent preventative measure, too. At the first signs of tension schedule massage to ease tension and spasms and prevent pain from worsening.
Contact us today for more information about massage, your insurance coverage, and to schedule a massage appointment at our Federal Way massage center to ease your neck, upper back, and shoulder pain and discomfort.
Pain may spread gradually near the initial source or to other areas leading to jaw tension, headaches, even tingling or pain in arms or hands.